Fresno Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Available to Help When You Need It Most
Standing up for the rights of cyclists in California
If you were injured by a negligent driver while riding your motorcycle, Perez, Williams, Medina & Rodriguez, LLP is ready to help. We know that California’s personal injury laws can be confusing, but we fully explain your legal options and walk you through each step of the process in seeking compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys may be able to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages, so you can get back to your life.
Motorcyclists face special risks
Motorcyclists are among California’s most vulnerable travelers, because there is little protection between them and the roadway. Bikers are prone to suffer serious and often fatal injuries in motorcycle accidents involving the following conditions:
- Failure to wear a helmet. Catastrophic injuries typically result when the driver of a motorcycle does not wear a helmet and other protective gear. Failure to take these safety precautions can also provide the other side with the argument that you are partially liable for your injuries.
- Drivers’ failure to see motorcyclists. Because of the smaller size of motorcycles, it is more likely that drivers of other vehicles will not see them on the road. As a result, collisions can occur when a vehicle is backing up, changing lanes or turning or fails to yield or stop.
- Sharp turns. Any imbalance on a motorcycle can cause an accident. When motorcyclists make sharp turns, the motorcycle leans. This can be especially hazardous on gravel roads.
- Defective motorcycle parts. A motorcycle consists of thousands of parts and pieces. If any one part is defective, it can contribute to your accident.
- Wet or icy roads. Road conditions can play a significant role in motorcycle crashes. Wet or icy roads can affect traction and cause the bike to slip.
If you or a loved one is injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to retain a qualified injury lawyer to assist you. We can investigate the cause of your accident, determine the parties who are liable for your damages and seek full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Know California’s motorcycle laws
When riding in California, it is important to be aware of our state’s laws specific to motorcycles. For example, all motorcycle drivers must wear helmets and have turn signals and at least one mirror on the bike. There are many other applicable laws, so be sure to educate yourself before heading out on your motorcycle on California’s roadways.
How is liability determined in a motorcycle crash?
Determining liability in a motorcycle accident can be more difficult than in a car crash. As a motorcyclist, it is important to try to remember as many details about the accident as possible. For example, the time of day, road conditions, who witnessed the accident and other relevant factors may be critical to your case. Because of the serious nature of injuries often sustained in motorcycle wrecks, this may be difficult. Therefore, you should always make sure that a police report is filed. Even if you cannot recall anything about your crash, we can help. Our attorneys can work with an accident reconstructionist and other experts to establish liability for your crash and your injuries.
Call our Fresno motorcycle accident lawyers for a free consultation about your injuries
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, you need a skilled, dedicated lawyer by your side. With more than 40 years of combined experience, the personal injury lawyers of Perez, Williams, Medina & Rodriguez, LLP will work hard to help you obtain full and fair compensation. From our offices in Fresno, California we also serve clients in Fresno, Tulare, Madera, Merced and Kings Counties. Contact our office today at 559-445-0123 to schedule a free initial consultation.